N. ST. MATHEW'S PUBLIC SCHOOL, VIJAYAWADA
1. SEMINAR FOR THE TEACHERS – The year began with a day's seminar for the teachers on the Art of Living by Sri Bhaskar Babu. The seminar was followed by a mass conducted by Rev. Fr. Stephen, our Parish Priest.
2. VISIT OF THE ASST. GEN. REV. BRO. K. M. JOSEPH – The newly elected Asst. Gen. Rev. Bro. K. M. Joseph, who was the Provincial Superior of the Hyderabad Province, paid a visit to the school on 28.06.2012, before he flew to Rome to take his office. He was given a grand welcome and a heart touching celebration through the cultural events that were organized.
3. INVESTITURE CEREMONY – Instilling principles of democracy and true qualities of a leader in the young is best done in schools. Hence, we have the School Cabinet. The Investiture Ceremony was held on 30.06.12 and the office bearers were assigned their responsibilities by the Chief Guest Sri Prashant Dar, Comandant, 10th Bn, NDRF, Mangalagiri, Master K. Gokul, X A and Kumari Disha P. Desai, X A, as the Boys and Girls School Pupil Leaders and other cabinet members were presented the honour and the banner. For the Primary School, the Investiture Ceremony was held on 07.07.2012 with Mr. Velaga Joshi, Chief Executive Officer – STEP – Krishi, District Youth Welfare Officer conferring the honours.
4. SEMINAR FOR THE PARENTS OF LKG STUDENTS - A seminar focusing on the educational processes of young children and the role of the parents in this important process was conducted on 18.07.12. The resource person was Dr. Madhavi Majety, Paediatrician, Anurag Hospital, Vijayawada.
5. VISIT OF THE SUPERIOR GENERAL REV. BRO. JOHN KALLARACKAL – Rev. Bro. John Kallarackal, former Principal of our school, has been elected as the Superior General of the whole congregation of the Montfortian Brothers of St. Gabriel. He paid a visit to our school on his official visit to India. He was given a fitting welcome and a grand cultural fiesta was conducted on this occasion.
6. INAUGURATION OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE LAB - Riding the crest of globalization, English is here to stay. Understanding pretty well the importance of soft skills and the role of the school in honing them, the English language lab with the latest software was inaugurated by the Superior General, Rev. Bro. John, on his visit. The lab will be used by the students from the II term.
7. A DEMO BY THE NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE – The N.D.R.F. which is stationed at Mangalagiri, Guntur Dt, had a demonstration for the pupils, to give them a firsthand experience of their method of operation. They gave a demonstration of how to provide first aid during emergencies. There was a display of all their equipments. They also explained to the students the functioning of these equipments. Thanks to Sri Prashant Dar, Commandant.
8. CAREER COUNSELLING – A talk on career counseling was given by the expert HRD trainer, Dr. M. C. Das on 15.09.2012 to the students of Classes IX & X. He advised the students to think out of the box and go in for careers which they were really interested in, rather than just taking the beaten track.
9. HEALTH AWARENESS PROGRAMMES –
10. MRS. SIVA KUMARI'S SUPERANNUATION - Mrs. B. Siva Kumari, our Senior Teacher in Biological Sciences, who has rendered 35 years of yeomen service was honoured in a very fitting way on the occasion of her superannuation on 01.09.2012.
11. FIRE FIGHTING DEVICES – To ensure the safety of the pupils in case of a fire, latest fire fighting equipments have been installed in vital points of the school. In a short while, the pupils would be given training regarding the proper usage of these devices. The school has been awarded the fire safety certificate by the Municipal Corporation of Vijayawada.
12. TEACHERS' DAY CELEBRATION - The student community expressed their love and appreciation for their mentors through the grand celebrations held on the occasion of Teachers' Day on September 5th.
13. L.K.G. REGISTRATION: The registration forms for the LKG batch of 2013-2014 will be issued at the School Office on all working days from 15.11.2012 to 26.11.2012. Time: 9.00am to 11.00am. You are requested to make a note of the same and also inform those interested.
14. OUR ACHIEVEMENTS – NSM has always witnessed a plethora of successful events. Be it any field – literary, cultural or sports – our pupils have always made their mark felt.
a. LITERARY – Our young orators and essayists have always made us proud. In the Elocution and Essay Writing Competition conducted by Bharat Vikas Parishad, Master K.P. Ramtej, X A, secured II place in English Elocution and Master Ch. Premchand, X D, bagged the III place in Telugu Elocution. Kumari Yashika Gupta, X B secured the consolation prize in English Essay Writing.
b. CULTURAL – Our artists proved their aesthetic abilities wherever they set their foot on.
c. QUIZ : Our quizzers made their presence felt at various competitions.
d. SPORTS –
Our sport stars shone to their fullest glory in all the competitions they participated in
e. ENGLISH LANGUAGE CLUB –
ELULAA – English Language Users and Literature Admirers Association, Vijayawada conducted a Spelling Bee Test for students of Classes I to X on 12.08.12. The winners are as follows.
15. PARENT-TEACHER MEET – It is the responsibility of the home and the school to censure a healthy growing atmosphere for the pupils. Parents and teachers need to collaborate with each other for the welfare of the child. To enable this process, we shall have a parent teacher meet on 16.10.12. Parents are requested to make use of this opportunity and have a positive interaction with teachers for the betterment of the pupils.
16. DASARA VACATION – The school will close for Dasara Vacation from 17.10.2012 to 28.10.2012.
The present age is one of information boom. So, it is natural that young minds get attracted towards social networking sites. There is no doubt that there are several hidden perils behind the usage of these sites. As responsible elders, it is our unsaid duty, to monitor these young minds. Please ensure that your wards do not waste time on Facebook, or Twitter, just chatting and browsing. If there is any important work to be done, let it be under adult supervision.
We also request our parents to discourage their wards from riding two wheelers or driving four wheelers. Please do follow traffic rules to ensure their safety.
Wish you all a very happy Vijayadasami and Id-ul-Fitr.
N.St.Mathew's Public School
Contact No: 0866-2476519,2476505.
Copyright - 2012 nsmpublicschoolvijayawada.org - All Rights Reserved
Designed by : IAKSR GROUP